Bernadette Jiwa joins The Heart of Marketing to share ideas from her new book Hunch: Turn Your Everyday Insights into the Next Big Thing. In it she busts some of the myths we believe about “creative genius” and how innovation really happens.
“We covet groundbreaking ideas and the people who have them,” Jiwa writes in the introduction. “We believe in superstars and visionaries, in the power of Eureka! moments and special circumstances that set great ideas and their creators apart. But when we dig deeper, we find that the secret of these visionaries isn’t necessarily their pioneering nature, but rather that they made connections others overlooked.”
The good news is that YOU can learn how to make those connections and cultivate your intuition to transform your marketing and your business. Listen in to discover how.
What you will learn:
• How ANYBODY can develop the “ordinary genius” that turns everyday insights into the next big thing
• Why hunches are more important than data in coming up with breakthrough ideas
• The reasons why data and technology can actually be the enemy of insight
• Three human characteristics that fuel intuition for birthing new business ideas
• How a brand or an idea becomes meaningful (and why it’s critical to success)
• How to make your brand story much more than just a storytelling message
About Bernadette Jiwa
Bernadette Jiwa is a recognized global authority on the role of story in business, innovation, and marketing. She is the author of five best-selling books on marketing and brand storytelling, including:
• Marketing, a Love Story: How to Matter to Your Customers
• Make Your Idea Matter: Standing Out with a Better Story
• Difference: The One-Page Method for Reimagining Your Business and Reinventing Your Marketing
• The Fortune Cookie Principle
• Meaningful: The Story of Ideas that Fly
Bernadette is based in Melbourne, Australia. She works with global brands like LinkedIn, Zappos, and Adidas to intentionally create products, services, and marketing that help them matter to their customers. She has been named one of the Top 100 Branding Experts to follow on Twitter. She also spoke at TEDx in 2012 about “The Secret to Spreading Ideas.”
Her new book titled Hunch: Turn Your Everyday Insights into the Next Big Thing releases in the U.S. on June 6, 2017.